Sunday, September 20, 2009

Flu Shot

I have always been strict about my whole family getting the flu shot every year. This year we are worried about our son because he has an egg allergy and it is not recommended that those with such an allergy get a flu shot. My husband and I both got one, as well as our daughter. His allergy/asthma doctor thinks it is important that he is also protected, so this week we are having him tested for the flu vaccine. They are going to prick his back and put the vaccine on it to see how big of a reaction he has. He has always gotten the flu shot and only had slight reactions, but since egg has been totally eliminated from his diet for a while he could have a shock reaction. If his reaction is okay they will give it to him in the office and watch him for a couple hours. The only reason that I am considering doing it is because he has bad asthma and he needs to be protected if possible. I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers