Sunday, September 20, 2009

The Best Ever Egg and Nut Free Sugar Cookies!!!

I have tried so many egg free sugar cookie and shortbread recipes, but never found one that my whole family could agree on. Until now!! My mother in law gave me this recipe, but I had to do a few modifications to make to safe for my son. This is the best sugar cookie recipe ever! I hope you think so as well!

1 cup allowed butter, soft
3/4 c sugar
1 t vanilla
2 c flour
1/2 t baking powder (egg free)
1/4 t salt

Combine butter, sugar and vanilla in mixer bowl. Beat at medium until creamy. Reduce to low. Add the remaining ingredients. Beat well. Roll into 1" balls, flatten to 1/4" thickness with your palm or the bottom of a glass that is buttered and sprinkled with sugar. I find that it's easier to use your palm and then sprinkle them with the sugar. Bake 7-9 minutes at 400 degrees, until edges are just slightly golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers